Personal Data comprises all the details ACB holds or collects about you, directly or indirectly, your transactions, financial information, interactions and dealings with ACB, including information received from third parties and information collected through use of our website.
Purposes for which we may handle your Personal Data
The purposes for which we may handle your Personal Data include the following:
- Processing applications for products and services, effecting payments, transactions and completing instructions or requests
- Providing products and services (including electronic banking service)
- Assessing suitability for products and services
- Credit assessment, including conducting credit checks and setting credit limits
- Operational purposes
- Statistical analysis, including behavioural analysis and profiling
- Establishment, continuation and management of banking relationships and accounts
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services
- For marketing purposes, promotional events, competitions and lucky draws
- For the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of crime in any jurisdiction (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism, fraud and other financial crime) identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks
- To comply with: local or foreign law, regulations, voluntary codes, directives, judgements or court orders, agreements between any member of the Standard Chartered Group and any authority, regulator, or enforcement agency policies (including the Standard Chartered Group’s policies), good practice, government sanctions or embargoes, reporting requirements under financial transactions legislation, and demands or requests of any authority, regulator, tribunal, enforcement agency, or exchange body
- To seek professional advice, including, in connection with any legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings), for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights
- Surveillance of premises and ATMs.
To whom we may disclose Personal Data
Any member of Alpha Commercial Bank, including our officers, employees, agents, and advisers, may disclose your Personal Data to any of the following parties for any of the purposes specified above. That includes the following;
- Any member of Alpha Commercial Bank, including any officer, employee, agent or director
- Professional advisers (including auditors), third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to support ACB’s business
- Any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by local or foreign law, regulation or any other applicable instrument
- Any court, tribunal, regulator, enforcement agency, exchange body, tax authority, or any other authority (including any authority investigating an offense) or their agents
- Any debt collection agency, credit bureau or credit reference agency, rating agency correspondents, insurer or insurance broker, direct or indirect provider of credit protection and fraud prevention agencies
- Any financial institution to conduct credit checks, anti-money laundering related checks, for fraud prevention and detection of crime purposes
- Anyone we consider necessary in order to provide services in connection with a product.
The security of your personal data is important to us. ACB and all members of the bank comply with technical and organisational security measures to safeguard your personal data. When using external service providers, we require that they adhere to the same security standards as ACB. Personal data may be transferred to, or stored at, a location outside the bank premises. Regardless of where personal data is transferred, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept securely.
You should be aware that the Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. We do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of your Personal Data in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
Other Terms and Conditions
There may be specific terms and conditions in our banking and product agreements that govern the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data. Such other terms and conditions must be read in conjunctions with this Privacy Statement.
We retain your Personal Data for legal, regulatory, business and operational purposes.
We will not send you marketing material if you have specifically asked us not to do so.
To the extent permitted by law, we may record and monitor your electronic communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and internal policies for the purposes outlined above.
Right of Access
Subject to applicable law, regulations and/or banking industry guidelines, you may have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data processed in relation to you. SCB may be allowed by law to charge a fee for a copy of personal data.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites — or visit other websites that use the same cookies — they recognize these cookies and therefore your browsing device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how this website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
You can learn about the cookies we use and how to manage them below.
- Strictly necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website by:
- Allowing our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser have been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser
- Temporarily allowing you to carry information between pages of our website to avoid having to re-enter that information
- Temporarily identifying your device after you have logged in to a secure page on our website so that our server can maintain a dialogue with your browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
- Analytical/performance cookies are used to help us improve our website by tracking your visits to our website and recognizing your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on new and repeat visitors to evaluate site effectiveness.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to:
- Remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, and region) so you do not have to re-enter that information when you return to our website
- Personalize our website content for you.
Targeting/advertising cookies record your visit to our website, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies may be placed on your device by us or by third parties on our behalfs, such as Google and DoubleClick.
We use this information to:
- Make our website more relevant to your interests based on your past visits to it
- Tailor our online advertisements or offers on our or third-party websites to those which are most likely to be of interest to you
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising campaigns.
We may also use the above cookies to help us in fraud prevention.
How to disable Cookies
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to not accept cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on our website will not work properly.